Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cookies

What I like about holidays in Japan is that it normally involves food!


My mom has been baking cookies for her friend's kindergarten's Christmas party for about three years. The event gets bigger and bigger. This year they ordered over 300 cookies. Kids take three cookies off of the cookies piled up on a table at the party.

To make the cookies interesting, we add new types of cookie cutters or come up with new decorations. This year's newbie is the red & green sprinkles. I bought them when I went to Boston last month. Those colorful decorations are common in the U.S. but still special in Japan.

We have tons of left-over cookies so I'll keep giving some to whomever I meet in the next couple of weeks! Well, I mean to do it but I tend to forget to take them when I leave home...

0 comments: