Monday, January 5, 2009

Good bread

So many things with food are so basic that they are overlooked very easily, but replacing them can make a huge difference! At my parents' house, they got a pepper mill last year. Ever since I had fresh ground pepper, I think pre-ground is very bland. And being able to adjust the coarseness makes it even better! Now I am looking for another basic. I want bread.

Recently I have been trying to discover good bread. I mean REALLY good bread. I bought a loaf of sandwich bread from the bakery at Kroger, just because it seemed fancy. I didn't expect it to be amazing or anything, just better than usual. Really the bakery bread was worse than the normal brand name breads. I kind of expected since it was baked fresh in the store or that it was from a bakery instead of a factory that it would be better. I was wrong. So now I am on a quest. A quest to find delicious bread!

Who knows! Maybe I will end up making it myself.

1 comments:

mameco said...

Come to NY! Cocoya makes good bread;p. I have been looking for good croissants...