Wednesday, February 4, 2009

how would you cook drum sticks?

Mameco will introduce two ways to cook drum sticks!
Just so you know, I am not saying these are the only or best ways. I just made two delicious drum stick dishes and wanted to share them with you!

1. Another Indian Curry experiment. This time, I cooked garlic, onions and added spices. When the sauce was almost done, I added chicken and vegetables. It is very important to stew chicken long enough so that it will absorb all the good flavors in the sauce. I poured in a cup of water. When boiled, I added the paneer masala. I think it was very successful. The soup was not too spicy and the chicken was tender. I made onsen tamago on the side. The yolk was a bit too raw but oh well. Onsen tamago is one of the easiest egg dishes to cook. Put an egg in a heat-proof bowl and pour hot water in it. Wait about 15 minutes and it's done. I found an article about onsen tamago on the New York Times. It said onsen tamago can be used in varieties of dishes and I agree! Well, I think the curry would have tasted fine without the egg but it added a nice soft texture and made the curry milder.

2. Cook with Soy Sauce and Balsamico Vinegar
It was simply done. Put all the ingredients (chicken, soy sauce, balsamico vinegar, water, sugar, hot pepper, and garlic) into a pot and cook it until the chichen is cooked. I added carrots cuz I had to waste 5 lbs of organic carrots I impulsely bought without thinking if it was too much for me. I make silly decisions at grocery stores every now and then. The marketing people really kill me. Going back to the chicken dish, yes, it was delicious and filling. The microwaved cabbages tasted great with the left-over sause. This dish reminded me of the soy sauce chicken Kris made. Wait.. I think it was called Mom's chicken or something. Anyhow, I miss having food nights with Kris and other food buddies...

0 comments: