Sunday, February 1, 2009

Euro-Asian Food in San Francisco

My dad took me to this Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco. He said the crabs cooked in their special sauce is something different. I was ready to make a mess eating that dish:P. Thin spring rolls as an appetizer. The sweet and sour dipping sauce was one of a kind. I think they mixed oyster sauce, lemon juice and something else, lol. We ordered two kinds of entrees: the crabs and stir-fried seafood & vegetables. I def loved the crabs. The sauce seemed like a thick version of the dipping sauce. I think they probably steamed the crabs and cooked them in the sauce until it got thick. The sauce added a kick to the original crab meat taste. It looked oily but somehow I ate more than half of the plate. It is really nice to find out a new way to enjoy crabs without destroying its own flavor. I'm so gonna find out the recipe for this sauce. The stir-fried dish was delicious too. The tender calamari and Chinese cabbage were nicely cooked with salt and potato starch sauce. MMm....

My dad was full but he got lemon sherbet. It was made inside the real hollowed lemon. It reminded me of sherbet I used to get at the Japanese BBQ places in my hometown. For some reason, they had varieties of sherbet in the real hollowed fruits. I got strawberry mango cheesecake. I was slightly disappointed by the regular cheesecake with the mango sauce but I still enjoyed it. All their food had good presentations. I am surely going back there if I ever go back to San Francisco in the future;).

2 comments:

s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.