Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wanna eat it cuz...

People want to try new food because they heard a good reputation about it or saw yummy ads or found names of their favorite ingredients in the menu. Since I am normally indecisive, I follow what people say is good or order stuff with ingredients that catch my attention.


On a Saturday afternoon, I was already in a good mood for winning the special discounted tickets for a famous broadway show, Wicked. Since the theatre was close to Times Square, JD and I decided to go to Olive Garden before the show. Her friend once told her that tiramisu at this particular Olive Garden is, even if it's a chain restaurant, beyond your expectation. It was pretty good I say. The top part was creamy but not that thick. The sponge absorbed expresso at the bottom and yet it was still fluffy. I haven't yet compared this with tiramisu at other Olive Garden's but I liked it;). I might like it even more if the cream part tasted more like mascarpone.

The show was specutacular! The characters were funny and the plot entertained us the whole time! I loved how the wicked witch ended up creating familiar characters from the Wizzard of Oz. Satisfied with the show, we explored the city a bit and chilled out at Starbucks. I always like to try new stuff. JD ordered London Fog, which was basically a tea latte based on citrusy and lavendery black tea. As a big tea fan, I am glad Starbucks started to work on their tea menu. Probably due to the lavender flavor, London Fog realized a complicated taste.

I ordered Vanilla Rooibose tea latte. I hadn't had Rooibose for a while. According to Starbucks, Rooibose is a caffine free red tea. The vanilla syrup and cinammon gave it a kick. If you don't like flavorful tea, don't order this one. I loved it. The unique taste never got my taste bud bored.

Normally I would stop there but since we were there for so long, I tried another new menu, Berry Chai Infusion. Berry is my weakness. Whatever product it is, if it contains a word berry, I have to try it. To be honest, I didn't like it too much at first. I felt like the berry flavor was disturbing the harmony of regular chai spices... but the funny thing is as I had more, it grew on me. This tingling taste became somehow addicting.

Starbucks makes each drink sound so complicated and interesting with the menu descriptions. It's kinda pricy so I don't go there that often but it's nice to try different types of drinks every once in a while. It doesn't change the taste of drinks but I kinda liked the green marble pattern cup sleeves.

2 comments:

Indy Real Estate Girl said...

i have also tried the rooiboose or however you spell it and enjoyed it. i had the berry chai thing once and wasn't too fond of it, although i like berry stuff and also chai tea. maybe i should give it another go

mameco said...

im not sure how to spell rooibose correctly. i just copied what was on the starbucks website:P. ya, the berry chai fusion is different... i think regular chai tastes better. plz let me know if you try other starbucks drinks:D.