Saturday, December 6, 2008

French cuisine, crepe

In Japan, crepe is a popular dessert. You can find a lot of crepe vendors on streets of Harajuku and many other cities. It is originally from France but Japanese people like to adjust anything to our taste. The other day, I was lucky enough to taste a French crepe.

The name of the restaurant was Creep Tree or something... hmmm somehow it doesn't sound right. Anyhow, my friends and I found this place when we were walking around St. Marks. Since many of us had a late lunch, we were looking for a place that served small dishes. The restaurant had cool dark brown wooden furniture with dim lights. In the small space, many small tables and chairs were piled. Somehow it was kinda cool. In the long mirror placed by the wall and ceiling, I could observe the kitchen space where they cooked crepes on top of the round crepe hot plate.

My crepe that had goat cheese and avogado... I think, lol. It was filling. The cheese was very rich so I liked it but some people might find it too cheesy. The white sangaria was DELICIOUS. It was sweet and refreshing. I like a red wine version of it too but the white sangaria sure went well with my cheese. I want to go back there and try their sweet crepes next time.

0 comments: