Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New member in the kitchen


My roommates and I had longed for a toaster for a while. With it, we can toast bread or bake something little without having to move all the dishes and kitchenware we store in the oven, or feeling guilty about using a disproportionate amount of gas for a tiny dish. The only problem with the new toaster was that its code was too short to reach the only output in the kitchen. But, the Van Loon rangers aka Mameco, Cocoya and Akk taped an extension code all over the kitchen wall and fixed the problem a couple of days later:D. The toasted bagels in the picture were crispy and delicious!!!! But, even better was the baked mochi! Japanese people normally eat mochi to celebrate New Years but we decided to celebrate the new addition to our tiny kitchen with mochi!! Actually, mochi was the first food that came to my mind when I saw Akk setting up the toaster. I am totally in love with its chewy texture on the inside. Back in the day, we didn't have cheese in Japan but I bet the chewiness of mochi was good enough. I'm going to make pizza made of mochi with this toaster soon. Keep tuned, lol!

0 comments: