Monday, December 8, 2008

Surprisingly tasty looking.

Last night I decided on Chinese food, but I didn't want to drive very far. There is a place nearby to my work that I'd never tried before, because it seemed like it would be very Americanized Chinese food. I can't say for sure that I've ever had anything that would be considered 'authentic' but I try to avoid the places like this in general. So I ordered honey shrimp for my main meal, and after talking to a friend about chinese food and remembering how much I love the meats on a stick, I ordered an appetizer of the skewered chicken.

When I actually got to the restaurant I was surprised! I'm not sure I've ever seen a place like that so packed on a Sunday night. When I left there was still a line halfway from the counter to the door. A work friend told me that it is because they have some sort of student special, although I don't know what it is. It's not really in a place easily accessible from campus either unless you have a car. Once I had my food and was in the parking lot, I decided to sneak a piece of chicken for the ride home. When I ordered, I assumed it would be the standard chicken on a stick, put in the type of bags that usually egg rolls end up in. Instead I see what is in the picture! Not only is there the chicken, but an entire salad under them! For an appetizer, it is almost bigger than my meal!

I couldn't eat any then. I had to wait to come back and take a photo! Needless to say they tasted as good as they looked. While not the star of this post, the honey shrimp was also delicious! Maybe next time Mameco comes to visit, I will drag her to this place.

1 comments:

mameco said...

it sounds like you had a good food adventure on a sunday night. the chicken on sticks is making me hungry. my lunch was left-over potatoes with crappy rice. yes, we should go there together next time! what's the name of the place anyways?