Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fresh Lemon Cake


One of the people I had hinabe with was saying how he used to get home-made sweets from another guy's wife before she left for Japan (and her husband was also leaving a couple of days after the dinner night). He made me think of cake and that easily motivated me to bake again. I was certain I will make something with lemons that were already left in the fridge for a while. As usual, I googled a lemon cake recipe and picked one that looked easy to follow. This one required syrup to brush outside with. I am normally not a big fan of glazing or syrup because it feels like killing the original taste of the cake, but this time I loved it. I think the best part was mixing regular syrup made of sugar with lemon juice. The buttery rich flavor went well with lemon's refreshing flavor. Although the inside was not thoroughly baked at first and had to let it sit in the oven for longer than I expected, this cake is definitely one of my favorites now. My roommates liked it and people at work would take a bite and came back to ask if it was really home-made. One guy jokingly told me I should rather be a confectioner than a journalist. I am not going to be a pro but I will keep cooking more delicious stuff! Kris, let me know when you are ready to open up a cafe with me, hahaha.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Maybe there should be a combination of a Cafe / Media Company. But I'm not sure how it would work. Maybe cupcakes with breaking news of the day written in icing lol.

mameco said...

or a set of newspaper, muffins and coffee to go!