Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blackened chicken

It's always a treat to find a great deal on food. The other night at Kroger, I found these huge boneless chicken breasts for under two dollars! I wish I had bought the other two, because when I came back the next day the price had tripled. I'm guessing they were marked wrong, but their mistake is my tasty meat! I don't have anything fancy to cook with, or lots of spices, so I decided to grab some blackening powder and have blackened chicken. Cooking with blackening powder is always an adventure in my new apartment because it makes a lot of smoke and I have very sensitive smoke alarms. I'm glad I am friends with my neighbor or else she might get angry at my 2am smoke alarm cooking. Usually turning on the stove fan, and the furnace fan is enough to keep the detector at bay.

The chicken turned out amazing, and was eaten too fast to even take a full picture of it completed! I made potatoes and corn to go with it. The corn was nothing special, but the potatoes were great and I have a whole post planned to honor them. I dare you to look at the pictures and not be hungry!

0 comments: