Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Frozen Yogurt<3

There is a rumor that bubble tea is considered old in NY. That should mean there is something else that is as delicious as bubble tea. People say it's frozen yogurt. When I heard about it from Ian, I thought of my cousin who used to leave his yogurt containers in my grandma's freezer. She would not let me have it because she promised him to keep it for him. I was slightly jealous but was not that curious. One day I got to take some bites but at that time, I didn't like ice cream that much either. When I was little, anything stimulating (too sweet, cold, or spicy) or filling was not good, lol. I had a small appetite as a little kid. It's not like I did not like to eat though. I did enjoy whatever I can eat in small portions. I loved vegetables and soup instead of snacks. Anyhow, I knew I could make frozen yogurt at home if I wanted. I never did it though.

Actually,
frozen yogurt is soft served. So, it was different from what my cousin used to enjoy. There are two major frozen yogurt places, red mango and pinkberry. I went to both places. There are three flavors of frozen yogurt: plain, green tea, and coffee. I have never tried coffee but the idea of mixing yogurt and coffee does not sound right. I might eventually try it but I was never in the mood I guess. At least, I can tell you that the frozen yogurt they have is really thick overall. I prefer plain to green tea because the yogurty flavor is interfering with the green tea flavor. Although it is pricy (almost 4 bucks for a small cup)What I love most about frozen yogurt is that I can choose fruit toppings. As a matter of fact, if you try to order frozen yogurt with only two toppings, I hear it costs more than with three toppings... I guess they really want us to add toppings. When I was choosing toppings, I was naturally attracted to different kinds of berries. Raspberry always comes first but there were only a few left at that time. Also, I noticed blueberries did not look good for some reason. So, I looked at the label and ordered blackberries. My friend and I were a little surprised to see how big blackberries are. I didn't mind the size but she seemed uninterested in them. Frozen yogurt takes better with berries I believe. I wonder if Columbus will have any frozen yogurt places in a couple of years...

1 comments:

Kris said...

I love the pictures you draw for all your posts! I haven't posted in a while, because I haven't eaten anything worth posting. Soon I will make something delicious I'm sure!