Thursday, October 16, 2008

Temaki Sushi

Today was a lucky day. I have been thinking of going to a sushi restaurant for my birthday since I heard about some good all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants. I was gonna wait until November but I got some free sushi today!

One of my co-workers brought some squid, mentaiko, rice and seaweed for everyone. I had two of them and I was happy for the rest of the day, lol. The squid was half-transparent and chewy and fresh. Mentaiko was spicy and addicting. I HEART SUSHI.

Temaki is a kind of sushi roll. Seaweed is normally longer for this type of sushi because you have to wrap it in corn shape. I used to have temaki sushi parties at home. I don't know why but Japanese people like to cook for ourselves at the table. You can pick your own toppings and eat as much as you want! That's the way to do it.

The person who brought sushi sometimes brings food for people and it is always delicious--I love our lunch break for that. I think last time I had some pumpkin tempura and grilled pork from her...mmm. I wish she were my neighbor. I would go visit her everyday then, lol. Today, another co-worker was saying that she was also appreciating free food. Really, food can bring people together.

1 comments:

Kris said...

Mmm, sounds delicious! You need to get that job permanently, if only for the free food!