Monday, October 20, 2008

Lunch with Mameco!!!

Mameco came all the way from New York just to have lunch with me! Ok, she didn't come just for me, but I can pretend. We went to one of the best Chinese restaurants on campus, Yau's Chinese Bistro. Usually at Chinese resturants I have no idea what to order, so until I am more comfortable at a restaruant I usually go to my regular standbys: moo goo gai pan, and General Tso's chicken. Moo Goo is actually one of my favorites, but it seems hard to find resturants that actually have it, so General Tso's is a "safe" dish that at least I know what I'll bet getting. However, in the case of Yau's, a month or so ago Mameco told me her favorite dish: chao gui dew. I tried it and it was very good! So on this magical meeting of the food friends I had this very meal!

The exact contents of chao gui dew are a mystery to me. I know there are bean sprouts, pork, noodles, shrimp, duck and onion. but I'm not sure if there is anything else thrown in there that I missed. I am wondering if it is maybe the type of dish that is personal to the chef, because the first time I had it, there was pork sausage instead of pork, and also this time there was egg, which I don't remember being there before. Either way it is a delicious and spicy dish that was designed to be eaten by me!

Mameco! I just realized, we took pictures of the food, but not US together with food. I demand a do-over! You have to come back so we can do it right!

1 comments:

mameco said...

We had a great reunion at Yau's;D. As of Chao Gui Dew (Gosh why is it so hard to remember its name?), I think they sometimes put Chinese sausage whose flavor is kinda strong. Some of my Chinese friends just eat Chinese sausage and rice when they feel too lazy to cook. We will take tons of pictures when I go back next time especially when I get my new camera from Japan, ho ho ho.