Monday, October 20, 2008

OSU Chinese Restaurant

I decided to go back to Ohio for the weekend. My friends were asking me to pick a restaurant for lunch--of course, we were already talking about food. I thought of Sushi Ting, which serves decent Japanese food near campus. But, I couldn't do without Yau's. Hiroko and Naoya used to go there often. At that time, I thought it was just too far away from M-Castle. Once I tried the food there tho, I got addicted to it. With the construction of Ohio Union, Yau's was one of the few decent Chinese places close to campus. Since we went there more than once a week, Yau's was like our home towards the end of my last year at OSU. Like Kris mentioned, I have some favorites there. One is Chao Gui Dew. The ingredients are a mytery to me too. I like different kinds of meat and the wide rice noodles in it<3 Although it is spicy, I can never get enough of it. Another one is Mushroom Ginger Pork! If I haven't mentioned, I am a BIG mushroom lover. If I am looking upset, please offer me some mushroom. That can make everything better. Anyways, I did a bad job of taking a pic of mushroom ginger pork. I got more rice than mushroom, lol. This is a kind of dish you want with plain steamed rice. I thought it was a lot but I ate the whole thing without trouble;P. I have mushrooms and pork. I can try to experiment and find out the recipe for the light sauce. I think it has soy sauce, salt, rice wine and oyster sauce but I could be wrong. Chinese food seems so easy but yet hard to make it right!

If I had more time, I would have gone to a lot of places tho. I shall write down a list of places I remember off the top of my head:
Sushi Ting
NorthMarket
Pat Thai
Happy Greek
Akaihana
Japanese Steak House
Minga
Japanese Oriental Restaurant
Cazouela's?
Taj Mahal
Sunflower
Waffle House:)
Hoggies
Mamma's?
Yum Yum Tea?
Rally's
Buckeye Donuts!!
Lee Garden
Northstar Cafe
Some other Chinese places I don't remember the names of

3 comments:

Kris said...

You know I'm gonna have to try this one now too.

Next time you come, set aside a few hours, and we'll do the Senior Crawl, except instead of bars, we will go to all these restaurants.

mameco said...

Hahaha, I like your version of senior crawl!!!

Kris said...

I was looking at my food pictures and realized the way the food is laid out on the plate... it's a mushroom!