Sunday, October 12, 2008

Curry, Rather Bland


The first and only time I ever had curry was at the JSO Welcome party last year. That was over a year ago now, but I still remember how much I enjoyed the curry. Ever since I had thought about trying to make it, but never braved it until a few weeks ago. I'm didn't really use a recipe because I have yet to find one that I like. The first attempt was ok, but a little watery.

I had my second attempt at making Japanese curry a few days ago. Unfortunately I still don't think I've got it right yet. When I think of curry I think of the spice, all the smells and flavors. I imagine successful curry will make your house and clothes smell like curry for the rest of the day. I think I should invest in a fan to blow smells from the pan to the living room. My curry has not yet lived to its potential. It was good enough for me to eat way more than I should have, but still not up to what I think of when I think curry. I will definitely be trying this again soon. I have actually found a recipe to make the curry spice blend from scratch, perhaps that is what I need to reach my goal of awesome curry.

0 comments: