Saturday, October 4, 2008

Egg Sammich

My dad almost burnt the house down every time he cooked at my house, so he was banned from the kitchen. Even before he got banned I don't remember him cooking very much. As a matter of fact egg sandwiches are the only thing I ever remember him cooking, ever. They are so easy to make and so cheap. I'd probably eat them all the time if I wasn't worried about cholesterol from so many eggs. Just fry two eggs as you would if you were making them sunny side up, then when the bottom is firm, pop the yolks with a fork and flip the eggs over to cook on the other side. That's it! With eggs I always add salt and pepper very close to the end, if you add them early you can't taste them as much.

For the sandwich itself, I enjoy them plain, my dad used to put a slice of onion and tomato on it. Another tasty alternative is to put it on buttered toast instead of bread, then it's like a mini breakfast. I keep trying to think of things to flavor the egg with. When I have a better spice / ingredient collection in my apartment I think I will experiment with the type of things that get added to tamago sushi and see how that works out.

1 comments:

mameco said...

Egg sammich sounds good. I got tons of eggs in my fridge so I will try it later;). My dad doesn't burn anything but he likes to be devoted to specific dishes like smoked seafood or waffles. Every weekend, he would bring up a new ingredient or method to his cooking. My mom was sort of like a supervisor, lol. I think it is cute when they cook together even if my mom would be a little tired of being the cooking team--I guess she is an independent cook.