Saturday, October 4, 2008

Soy sauce egg on toast



Kris' egg sandwich story reminded me of one simple egg recipe I learned from my friend in elementary school. My siblings and I started cooking eggs for the family as kids. I guess that is the only cooking that was easy enough for us to handle. I tried to be creative but kids only know so much. I made an omlet, boiled, scrambled eggs, and stirfried eggs with vegetables. I didn't know anything fancy but I had fun cooking.

To make soy sauce egg on toast, crack an egg into a pan and take it out when white is cooked but before york gets too hard. Put the egg on top of a toast and pop the york and pour some soy sauce on top. I think it was the first time I wanted to cook from a recipe but not from something my mom cooked. I love the mushy texture of the egg. And the soy sauce flavor! Mmm... I wanted to eat it everyday.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I am sooo going to have this for breakfast tomorrow, but I only have teriyaki sauce, so hopefully it will be ok.

mameco said...

Doooooooooooooooo it! lol
I think teriyaki sauce goes well with anything<3