Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spicy shrimp ramen

When I got home last night I decided to use some shrimp I still had left in the freezer. This is a recipe I've been making for a while, and the actual formula changes every time.

To start with the ramen, I pretty much ignore the directions on the package. I cook the noodles in water that has had chicken bullion dissolved in it, and then drain the water completely, and add a half spoonful of butter and about a quarter of the ramen flavoring packet.

I cook the shrimp in butter, with black and red pepper, draining the melted water every so often, the more water it seems the more likely the shrimp will become rubbery. Once it's all the way cooked through I add teriyaki sauce and cook it in the sauce for the last two or three minutes of cooking.

1 comments:

mameco said...

your ramen recipe sounds delicious! I am a big fan of soup but I think I should try this recipe at least once;P. It's cool that you cook something creative with instant noodles.