Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Must-Have Baking Tool


There are five people sharing the kitchen in my apartmenet. We share most of the kitchen utensils and ingredients. The other day, I found some baking pans and sheets in the oven, which was thought to be broken and used as a storage space. If someone bought baking tools, it should work I thought. So, I having been thinking about baking some muffins and cakes. I did bake some muffins but then I thought this apartment does not have any whisks, let alone a hand mixer. I looked for some cheap whisks but at the back of my mind, I knew I needed a hand mixer to mix and sometimes formulate things easily and efficiently. I decided to be strict on my daily spending so I was still debating. But, I could only think of delicious baked goods like muffins, cakes, pies, etc.. I went to Macy's but I had a second thought then. Some days later, my mom called up when I was again at a shopping mall. She said to me "As my daughter and a baking lover, a hand mixer is a must, Mameco." So I made up my mind and went to a Target's cooking utensil section. One guy was actually looking at the hand mixer shelf in front of me. He took the last one that was on sale. I was like awww but soon I happened to find one that was even more affordable, yay. I am not certain if this hand mixer will work fine but I took a risk:). Now one of my roommates and I are happy to aquire another kitchen utensil. We are secretly planning to bake some cake for another roommate whose birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks;). He better not check this blog, lol.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Luckily I don't do much baking. I get by with just the basics. I should practice and get to where everything I cook is cooked with chopsticks only! Not for any specific reason, just to look fancy.

I wonder if anyone else actually reads this blog :P I know I haven't told anyone about it, but I think with blogger random people can get sent here.

Oh and get set! Tonight is Yakitori!

Kris said...

I just noticed as I was reading this again, does your mom call you Mameco?

mameco said...

I like your idea about cooking with chopsticks only. I know I feel so proud when I beat eggs with chopsticks and I noticed it was not a Japanese thing but more like an Asian thing, lol.

mameco said...

Oh, and my mom calls me my real name in the real life. I just wanted to be consistent with our blogger list. Now that I think about it, she calls me mameco on my blog, haha. Does that count?

Kris said...

Sure :P I just didn't know the origin of it and since it was in the quote I wondered if it was a family nickname.