Friday, October 24, 2008

寿司は美味しい! (sushi is delicious!)

Really, can there be too many posts about sushi? I think not! Usually grocery store sushi is to be avoided at all costs. My first experience eating sushi was actually from a Meijer near where I used to work. It's surprising I still like sushi after such an affair! Now I know much better, I only get sushi from restaurants, with one exception: Tensuke Market. This weekend, Tensuke was having a big sale, so I had to go see how the sushi price had been affected. I am not sure on how often Tensuke has sales, but from as busy as it was you'd think a sale was a rare occasion that everyone has to attend. The parking lot was completely full, of both cars parked and cars looking for a place to park. Inside the store, there was a line from the front registers to the back wall, all the front lanes were open, and luckily they had an express lane open for people like me, who only wanted one thing. Another thing I learned is that I seem to know every single one of the non-Japanese employees at Tensuke. Maybe I should look into working there as well!

Sadly I went at 5 o'clock so there wasn't a very large selection. Not that what was left was bad, but for the discounted price, I would have gotten a much larger box if I could have. So now, without further adieu, a picture of sushi!!

3 comments:

mameco said...

It's always nice to talk about sushi. I wonder if you got sushi that Ian made, lol. He used to cater sushi to Meijer... But, I swear his sushi was good:P.

mameco said...

hey i just noticed you changed "posted by" into "eaten by".... lol. Good job! hehe

Kris said...

I thought it was appropriate :P