Wednesday, October 22, 2008

spontaneous cooking


I normally buy some stuff and then look up a recipe with those items I already have. My cooking can be spontaneous. I rarely follow recipes. It's more fun that way. The other day I cooked two different things for dinner. It may not look fancy but yummy dinner appreciates diversity.

I talked about my curry spice mix in a curry soup story. I still have a bunch left so I decided to cook some potatoes with it:). I adjusted the amount of spice mix for my taste this time. I probably added less than a teaspoonful of it into 2 cups of water. To prove the mildness, the color of soup turned out brown instead of red. I just let the onions and potatoes absorb all the good flavors. I say it was a success! I need to get more potatoes and some rice for next time.

I have wanted to eat macaroni and cheese since kris mentioned it. I saw instant boxes in columbus so got two of them;D. It really was a piece of cake to make it. Just boil macaronis and mix everything in a pan! I haven't had this much of chedder cheese in a while<3 Actually over the weekend, Carolyn told me that the only difference between white chedder and yellow chedder is the food coloring! I assumed two kinds of chedder cheese existed. According to her, people don't make a big deal out of it because the coloring is natural or something.

2 comments:

Kris said...

This blog is bad for our appetites, now I want potatoes!!

Next time you make macaroni and cheese, put a can of tuna in, it makes it a meal!

Kris said...

Aaaah! I just saw you added pictures! Tasty! Did you get your new camera?